Doctrinal Statement & Statement of Faith
In essentials beliefs - we have unity
"There is one Body and one Spirit... there is one lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of us all..."
In non-essential beliefs - we have liberty.
"Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters... Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls... So then each of us will give an account of himself to God... So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God."
Romans 14:1, 4, 12, 22
In all our beliefs - we show charity.
''...If I hold in my mind not only all human knowledge but also the very secrets of God, and if I have the faith that can move mountains but have no Love, I amount to nothing at all."
1 Corinthians 13:2
1. ABOUT GOD
- God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe.
- He has eternally existed in three persons:
- The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- These three are co-equal and are one God.
Genesis 1:1, 26, 27, 3:22; Psalms 90:2; Matthew 28:19; 1 Peter 1:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14
2. JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD
- Jesus is co-equal with the Father and the Spirit.
- Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all
the World by dying on a cross. (For whosoever will believe in Him)
- He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death.
- He ascended to Heaven's glory and will return again someday to earth to reign
as King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.
Matthew 1:22, 23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5; 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14, 15; 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4;
Romans 1:3, 4; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Timothy 6:14, 15; Titus 2:13
3. ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT
- The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son of God.
- He is present in the world to make men aware of sin and their need for Jesus Christ.
- He also indwells every Christian from the moment of salvation.
- He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and
guidance in doing what is right He gives every believer spiritual gifts when they are saved.
- As Christians, we seek to live under his control daily.
2 Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13, 14:16,17; Acts 1:8, 1 Corinthians 2:12, 3:16;
Ephesians 1:13, 5:18; Gal 5:25;
4. ABOUT THE BIBLE
- The Bible is God's Word to us.
- It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- We hold to a Verbal-Plenary Inspiration of the Scriptures
- It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living.
- Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without any mixture of error.
2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20, 21; 2 Timothy 1:13; Psalms 119:105, 160, 12:6; Proverbs 30:5
5. ABOUT HUMAN BEINGS
- People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character.
- People are the supreme object of God's creation.
- Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of
disobedience toward God called "sin."
- This attitude separates people from God and causes many problems in life.
Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6a; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1,2
6. ABOUT SALVATION
- Salvation is God's free gift to us but we must accept it.
- We can never make up for our sin by self improvement or good works.
- Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin's
- Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith.
- When we turn from our self-ruled life to a Jesus Christ-ruled life,
God then commands us to do good works.
Romans 6:23, 5:1; Ephesians 2:8-10; John 14:6, 1:12; Titus 3:5
7. ABOUT ETERNITY
- People were created to exist forever.
- We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin,
or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation.
- To be eternally separated from God is Hell.
- To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life.
- Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence.
John 3:16, 14:17; Romans 6:23, 8:17-18; Revelation 20:15; 1 Corinthians 2:7-9